Topsoil Suppliers – Royalington Turf
Here at Royalington Turf, we are experienced top soil suppliers who offer high quality topsoil to clients throughout Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas. We’re passionate about what we do and the services that we offer, and we feel that this definitely shows in every single product that we offer. Our premium screened topsoil is available for pick up or delivery, giving you peace of mind that your topsoil is in good hands and is available to you whenever you require. As a team of topsoil suppliers, we pride ourselves on the high level of customer service that we deliver alongside all of our topsoil, and on the fact that we constantly go the extra mile for our clients, time after time. If you’d like additional information on the topsoil that we offer in Middlesbrough, be sure to get in touch with our specialist team today. We’d love to hear from you and assist you in any way we possibly can.
What Is The Purpose Of Topsoil?
We’re always being asked what the actual purpose of topsoil is, and why they need it. Many don’t understand that seeding or re-seeding without it greatly reduces the chances that they’ll get the thick, lush, green grass that they’re after. Without topsoil, you may not even get a lawn at all. The combination of rain and hungry birds could completely eliminate most of your seed before it even has time to germinate.
Topsoil is typically bought when the existing soil is poor and in cases of new build plots where there is hardly any soil left due to the area being stripped for construction.
Topsoil Feeds and Protects
Topsoil is applied in a seeding or re-seeding project for two reasons. The first reason is one of protection; topsoil provides a fine layer into which grass seed can be sown for optimal growing. It provides some protection against direct sunlight, excessive moisture and certain kinds of garden pests.
The second purpose of topsoil is to provide seed with the nutrients it needs to grow. That is one of the reasons why we use high quality products when it comes to manufacturing the topsoil that we offer throughout the Middlesbrough area. The higher the concentration of nutrients, the faster and fuller the new grass will grow. Topsoil is, in essence, a never-ending nutrient buffet for grass seed.
Using Topsoil Correctly
As important as topsoil is for a seeding and re-seeding project, it must be used correctly to achieve maximum benefit. When used incorrectly, it will not help grown new grass and, in some cases, it may even hinder it. Her are a couple of tips regarding the use of topsoil:
- Ground Preparation - When seeding a brand-new garden, it’s important to prepare the ground first. Break up the soil and remove stones, twigs and other debris. This will ensure that the soil is ready for the grass when the roots eventually work down through the topsoil.
- Compost - It’s best to use topsoil with a layer of compost underneath. This will act as a barrier between the natural soil and topsoil.
- Topsoil Depth - The depth of the topsoil for new lawns should be between three and six inches. How much you will need will depend on a number of factors, including your environment and the type of grass chosen.
- Existing Lawn - Topsoil isn’t just for seeding a new lawn, it’s also a great tool for spring-time lawn care as well. Try spreading a thin layer of topsoil across your garden, prior to the first feeding.
- Topsoil Selection - Not every topsoil is made the same way. For best results, you should look for a high quality soil appropriate to your local environment and the grass you are trying to grow.
Call Royalington Turf For Topsoil Suppliers In Middlesbrough
If you’re based in Middlesbrough or the surrounding areas and you require additional information on the quality topsoil that we provide, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our experienced team today. We’re always here to take your call, deal with any enquiries and answer any questions that you may have regarding our quality topsoil.